
(I hijacked this picture from facebook, so if you two are reading my blog, please forgive me)
These two are owed a great deal of gratitude for a large part of my spiritual molding. The Lord sent this amazing couple to my church YEARS ago as I was entering the youth group. God used them as an instrument in shaping me into a leader. I have never been given so much encouragement in my life than I have by two people. As with most churches (mainly Baptist), the "life span" of average pastors/youth ministers is roughly ten years. God called this couple to another part of the country, 3 years after I was out of the youth group. Pete and I were honored by having the husband come back to town to marry us. He also participated in my Pop's funeral. There simply would be no one else!
Neither one of them have changed a bit. I miss them a lot and when I see their picture it makes me smile because of all the sweet memories I have of that time of my life!
Thank you, D and T! My life is richly blessed because God touched me through you both.
Much love, SuperJenn (I doubt you'll read the post, but I had to include the sign-off)
No comments:
Post a Comment