Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Baby girl, you are 3!

Dear Campbell Emiline,

Today is officially your third birthday, but we've been celebrating for a week.  According to you this past week, every day has been your party!  This time, 3 years ago, I was lying peacefully in a hospital bed knowing you were also sleeping peacefully in the nursery.  I was overwhelmed that we now had two precious little girls in our lives.

Where should I even begin?  So much has changed in one year.  This has been the biggest year of growth for you so far!  Your vocabulary has exploded.  You hold full fledge conversations, full of sass and intelligence!  You have picked up quite a few ways of your sister, and I am hoping you get them out of your system now.

You have developed quite the defense mechanism against your sister.  Your favorite word is STOP!  You love to pick and tease and egg your sister on as much as she loves to right back at ya!  But you also can't stand to not be with her.  Where she goes, you must to!


I love to watch you take care of your babies, play with your Legos, and read your books.  I love to hear  you sing yourself to sleep at night and call for me when you wake up from a bad dream.  I love to hear your squeals of delight when you realize Daddy is home from work.  You sure are a daddy's girl, loving to curl up with him on the sofa.

I love to see you grow and become your own person.  I have to constantly remind myself that you ARE only 3 and that you are still our baby girl.

Don't grow too fast, sweet one.  I need to cuddle a little while longer.

No comments: