Friday, November 1, 2013

7


Dear Anna Katherine,

I have stared at this photo all day.  I remember this day so clearly.  We found a beautiful history park to take your 3 year pictures.  I brought two outfits, a casual and dressy.  I am so glad because before I changed you into this dress, you had found some soggy grass/mud to tromp through.  

This picture is a beautiful description of you.  It doesn't have to say anything.  It doesn't need a caption.  Your hands, your curls, your squinchy eyes, and your smile speak volumes. 

And you know what I love most?  You still have the same personality.  Life is meant to be enjoyed and you do everyday.  

You are such a people person.  You don't like to be alone.  Playing by yourself is torture.  

You love to sing and dance and you don't care what you sound like or who is watching.  If you get comfortable around a group of people, look out!  

You are so precious to your little sister.  She looks up to you and wants to do everything just like you.  You do get aggravated sometimes, but I thank you for being such an amazing role model.

You are so independent, yet love to have us help you figure things out. 

I began this letter using your full name and I know how you really don't like to hear it.  Usually if I use your full name, I need to get your attention quickly and not always in a positive way.  (smile)  But it is such a beautiful name for a beautiful girl with a beautiful spirit.

Hold on to that spirit, my sweet Anna Katherine.  That smile and squinchy face is so contagious.  

You LIGHT us up!

  


No comments: