Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tonight's special...CROW!

Yes, I'm eating it again. This time it involves Anna Kaye's soon to be 2nd b-day party. Before I had a child, I vowed that mine wouldn't know what a TV was nor would they know any specific TV characters until the age of 5, AT LEAST! (cue the side splitting laugh)

You seasoned mothers are getting a kick out of that statement.

I did back off the idea of her not knowing TV characters because she can read them in books and hey, who am I to keep books from my child! No way, Jose!

I can say that she has only been subjected to PBS. This is as far as I go right now. And I'll be the first to admit (while brushing the feathers from my lips) that I have used the TV as a babysitter on some occassions. (cue the huge GASP)

Seriously I do want my child to know what the great outdoors are all about, and how to play creatively. (Thanks to her friends at her nursery school) And I don't want to fry her brain too much. But it's hard to keep a good station down, like PBS.

Soooooooo...

tomorrow morning I will be mailing the ELMO party invitations and thinking of creative ways to decorate my house.

1 comment:

amy said...

I ate the same crow. I will say that we watch VERY little TV, but when Bentley was born, and Maggie was 2 1/2, the tv was a good babysitter! Also, my non-observant oldest was 5 before she realized that Target sold shoes with characters on them...and I still refuse to buy them.