Christmas 2012 came and went. This year was a first for our family. Pete was not able to participate in any of the festivities. A nasty little stomach bug creeped up and bit him Christmas eve. Poor guy stayed in bed (actually on the air mattress in the playroom) ALL day Christmas. We've been married almost 14 years and neither of us has ever missed out on a Christmas! He did manage to crawl to the couch to help with "Santa", but then quickly crawled right back. I asked him later on in the day if he was sad that he missed the day, and he said a little. But then he quickly added that how could he be when you look at the big picture. We know some people who received some sad news lately and stories of so much grief and suffering, that we are grateful Pete had a virus. We are so thankful he is better!
The girls and I had a blast! Needless to say, this mama was worn SLAP out by the end of the day. C and AK were able to spend quality time with all of the grandparents and cousins. And quality time with the toys and gadgets too.
Pete did decide that this would be THE year to give AK her first rifle. No folks, that is not a Red Rider bee-bee gun. This one will do more than "shoot your eye out". I was very hesitant about this decision, but I do have to trust Pete and what he wants to teach AK. She was rather excited!
This was also the year that we began a new tradition. I found this idea on Pinterest. You wrap 24 Christmas books in Christmas paper. Starting Dec. 1, one book is opened each day and read together. C and AK got to take turns each night. We would snuggle on the couch, open the book, and read it together. (Campbell usually lasted a total of 1 minute, but that's ok. She enjoyed opening hers when it was her turn.) I'll pack these up for next year and will probably trade some out for a few new ones.
I am so thankful for the next 10 days I have off from school!!
No comments:
Post a Comment