Monday, June 25, 2012

Vacation 2012

So this time last week, I was NOT sitting in a computer chair typing away at a computer.  I was sitting on a comfy couch reading a great book and pondering what shops I would be visiting at the outlets tomorrow.

Yes, once again, a marvelous beach vacation has come to an end.

While you are on vacation, time seems to magically stand still.  One of the things I love most about my summers is that I don't keep up with the dates of the month.  I couldn't begin to tell you what the date is if you asked me.  And unless I have somewhere to be, I don't care what time it is either.

Edisto Beach beckoned us back once again.  After 6 years, we haven't grown tired of this beautiful island.

Each year brings so many new opportunities as the girls get older (and we do too).

We laughed until we cried (literally), spent more money than we probably should have (usually on trips to the  Pig), took a monstrous amount of pictures, and stored away memories that will last a lifetime.

Here is our vacation, one picture at a time...

 These two little girls got to share rooms with their big sisters, but they still wanted some bonding time as well.  Here is C sharing her favorite book with Harper.

 Right before we left, AK and Avery finished swimming lessons.  PERFECT timing!  They switched back and forth between the boogie boards and inner tubes all week.

 This pool lasted 2 days and was not brought down to the beach again.  We thought it would be a good idea.  I love how each year the packing gets lighter and lighter simply because they just don't care about all the crap we usually bring!
 The two big girls LOVED being in the water all week.  It was so cool to experience what a difference a year makes.  They had the best time!
 This little munchkin is 1/2 of the reason we laughed so much at the beach.  She cracks us up!

 The big girls wanted to try their hand at fishing too.  Yea, one more thing we'll leave behind next year.

 Food seems to be what takes up most of the room in our cars each year.  We absolutely REFUSE to solely shop at the PIG for our groceries.  Each family probably averages 5-6 boxes + a very large cooler of food each year.  On our return trip home, we managed to put all of the leftovers into 2 boxes and still had some room.  We are some eatin' fools!

 This is one of my favorite pictures.  I have no idea what they are laughing about.  It doesn't matter, because it's good, and it's their secret!

 The loved the water so much that this hole we dug them become torture when they needed to rest a bit.

 Campbell HAD to try her hand at what AK was having so much fun with.  She actually enjoyed "riding" the waves too.

 All the big girls talked about was going back to dance with the pirate statue again at the candy shop.  The also found their inner 80's!

 I actually saw this bad boy swim past me a few minutes before Pete caught it.  BLECK!

 See?  She cracks us up!

 AK and Avery met a sweet little girl this year and she played with them for a few days before she had to go home.

 Same swing. One year later!

 They just can't help themselves.  

 The girls were enamored with the fish Andrew kept catching to use as bait.  We kept joking that the poor fish were begging to die so they would be left alone! HA!

 Here is our annual family shot!  On the hottest stinkin' day of the week.  We put the cameras on timer mode and tried at LEAST 6 times before pulling one off.  I think this was the 2nd or 3rd?

 We chose to go to Botany Bay this year to take pictures.  Such a cool place!  The draw back was that in order to get to the cool beach to take pictures, you had to walk half a mile to get there!  IF only pictures could talk.  You would hear the grumbling and complaining!  Plus (please plug your ears) it was hot as hell!

 Botany Bay is about 5000 acres of land protected by DNR.  It is eerily beautiful.

 Pictures in the brightest sunlight are not the best, but this little sweet cheeks is still so beautiful!

 Trying to teach Campbell how to hold hands.

 This picture looks as if it could have been taken 75 years ago!

 I adore this picture!  They seem so grown up, yet so young in their sweet dresses.  They trade personalities so often...one so strong at times, the other so timid.  One not afraid, the other scared to pieces.   

Sigh...until next year! 

No comments: