Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Confessions of a working mom

So when you are finally home on a much needed break, your mind begins to loosen and relax and not be muddled with daily duties of work and 41 other kids you need to take care of.  Instead your mind has a chance to think about life and all THAT involves.  So I thought I would share some of my recent confessions I have had with myself.  Some are funny, some are serious, and some are well...probably TMI.
  • I just shaved my legs for the first time in about 2 months.  I hate shaving my legs in the winter time.  Besides, what's the point.  Plus I am just lazy.  (how's that for kick starting this post?)
  • It seems that sometimes Pete and I are just roommates.  Whether we've had an arguement that drags on or life is just passing by, we seem to just greet each other, ask a few questions, and go our separate ways.  We seriously have to work on some better communication skills.  It can be rather depressing.
  • I baby my family to much.  I need to be better at teaching my children about doing for themselves.  It is so much easier to just pick up after them than to wait for them to do it.  Apparently, others don't move fast enough for me.  Perhaps I should slow down. 
  • I put on a pair of footed bunny pajamas tonight that my 5 year old picked out as her Christmas present for me.  I actually kind of liked them.
  • Except for one show, I have unwillingly given up TV.  I just don't make time to sit down and watch it.  Now the computer?
  • I am a good listener.  I may not remember all that you told me a few hours later, but in the moment, I'll listen.
  • I do not read the bible daily.  In fact, I usually only read it on Sundays during church.  I do pray daily.  I just need to reconnect in addition to prayer time.  I long for it.  But I don't make the time.
  • I don't diet.  I sometimes (I use that word loosely) watch what I eat.  I workout four days a week.  I don't get on the scale.  I judge by how my clothes fit.  But I would love to get rid of this spare tire around my mid-section.  I am afraid that only surgery can help there.  And, nope, not going in that direction.
  • I put soap in my 5 year old's mouth yesterday.  The sassy mouth was out of control.  The vinegar was no longer working.  It touched her tongue for less than a micro-second.  So far it has helped her remember her manners and to speak kindly to her mommy and daddy.
  • I am tired of the Elf on a Shelf.  He needs to go back to the North Pole.

No comments: