Thursday, March 4, 2010

I'm not in Kansas anymore...

I truly feel like Dorothy did in the Wizard of Oz.

Picked up, spun around, and dumped in a land of short people and brick roads.

Since my last post, life has been a whirlwind. If you read my post a couple of weeks ago featuring the For Sale sign, I said I would come back and explain. Well, hold on...

We've been given the opportunity to "flip" my grandparents house and move into it. So we decided after much prayer, that we would give it a whirl (oh, I am laughing so hard right now because I asked God to make it VERY clear that we should make the move.)

We put the sign out Tuesday, Feb. 16.

One person looked at it February 25 and two more February 26. The "two more" fell in love with it and called us back on February 27 and made an offer.

And so the process began...

On March 1, our offer was accepted. (13 DAYS TO THE DATE THAT WE PUT IT ON THE MARKET) Can't be any clearer than that!

On March 2, we had a contract in hand.

On March 4, earnest money showed up in mailbox (these people are serious!)

Tomorrow, an inspector comes to check out the house.

We close on April 30. (barring nothing major happens)

The Lord has given me the peace that passes all understanding. He has taught me and I have learned!

No comments: