Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Update on Uncle

Not too much to report. Jim is still on the vent. Today marks 2 weeks in the NICU/hospital. They can't seem to clear up mucous in his left lung. I am so worried about depression setting in and him losing the will to fight. Please pray that God will direct his heart and give him the strength to fight each day! He is so young (55?) and he has a great life ahead of him. I took a digital video of AK and Avery (his 2 great-nieces) yesterday and showed him. They were talking to the camera telling Jim to get better soon. He cried with trembling lips. My heart hurt so bad. I felt so guilty for showing him, but also overwhelmed at the love he has for these little girls. His mind is sharp and all of his faculties are intact. This is what makes it so frustrating that he can't come off the vent. Please pray for God's will. That's all I can hope for.

No comments: