Wednesday, February 25, 2009

35 Days

Can you imagine laying in a bed for that long? 5 weeks of surgeries, therapists, doctors, antibiotics, cans of Replenish, trachs, vents, and the list goes on and on. No wonder when I visited Jim today he was very "down in the dumps". Can you blame him?

The third surgery last Friday went very well. The doctors felt that they were able to screw, bolt, and plate back the vertebrate that has dissolved because of his infection. The past couple of days have been small praises. Jim is breathing a lot on his own. He still has the trach in but they are trialing him off a couple of hours a day. Time will tell whether or not the surgeries and infections have left him paralyzed from the waist down. I know that God is in control. He has been from the get go! I firmly believe he isn't finished with my uncle and that he has mighty plans for him.

Please pray that his spirits will be lifted and that he has the will to keep fighting and hurry home soon!

No comments: