Thursday, September 11, 2008

deep breath...

My dear friend's grandmother passed away Saturday night.

My student returned to school on Tuesday.

What is the best way to comfort people?

By doing absolutly nothing but listening.

You see, my God is so good at that. He just listens. And I pray daily that I will just listen to those around me and give them peace in knowing that I can comfort them that way.

My dear friend needs prayer because she loved her grandma more than a heart should be allowed. And I say this because when we have to live without those precious people, our heart can't take it.

My student needs prayer because he looks so lost. I can't stop thinking about how he feels when he walks in his house each afternoon, and his mom isn't there to greet him. I just want to scoop him up and squeeze the hurt out of him.

But I can't. All I can do is just listen and know that my God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. He knows what hurt feels like and he carries it when we do.

No comments: