Friday, June 7, 2013

Letter

Dear Anna Kaye,

Today began your first day of summer vacation after your first year in public school.  On May 31, you graduated from Kindergarten and yesterday, you became a first grader.  I can't seem to quit repeating the old cliche "Where has the time gone?".  I can already tell you are going to have a tough time being home all summer and not having a routine, so to speak.  You are having withdrawals already, missing your friends and your teacher.

I have to tell you how proud I am of you.  You have grown and changed so much this past school year.  You have such a joyful heart that is so contagious.  I am so proud of the amount of self control you have developed.  You know when it is time to be serious and when it is time to let loose.  And boy, do you love to let loose!  You are so proud of being able to sound out words and putting them together to read your books.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to hear you reading behind me in the car.  I love that your sister opens her books and copies you in her own reading style.  Thank you for being such an awesome example of a big sister.

I have to be honest and tell you that I am a little apprehensive about 1st grade.  It is serious and filled with a lot more hard work.  I am afraid that all of the fluff is gone.  And I know you love the fluff.  My prayer is that you continue to have that zeal for school and motivation to do well.

Your school is your mission field, sweet girl.  I pray, that with the Lord's guidance, I will show you how to be a witness to your friends.  I want you to continue to learn patience.  You will have to wait for things.  I want you to learn to have compassion for others.  I want you to seek out the little girl who is shy and needs a new friend.  I want you to be able to turn the other cheek when the words aren't so kind.  I want you to learn to be accepting of all your peers, knowing that God created everyone in his image.

My precious Anna Kaye, you are a star!

Shine on, baby, shine on!






















No comments: