Sunday, September 25, 2011

It's worth more...

Last Saturday, my entire wedding ring set disappeared. The only time I EVER take my rings off is to put lotion on my hands or when I am mixing food by hand. I sleep wearing my rings, shower with them, EVERYTHING. I have absolutely no recollection of them falling off nor taking them off. I didn't put lotion on or mix anything.

I think I have been in denial this week because I didn't get terribly upset when I first noticed them missing. I just assumed they would pop right back up or I would remember where I left them. But a week has come and gone, and the reality is setting in. I am not sure if they will ever reappear.

And I am sad. Very sad.

My wedding set is not over the top and flashy. I think the diamond was 1/2 carat, the wrap was two .25 sapphires (princess cut), and the band was a $25 find at an Estate Jewelry store. It was all set in white gold and was perfect. We picked it out together . That is what made it perfect.

I've felt silly praying for a miraculous reappearance. But I have and will continue to.

My marriage is more than a wedding ring set. And I know I can always get something else.

But it's worth more than just a diamond and 2 two sapphires...

No comments: