What a tease that I have Memorial day off! I've already begun my summer vacation and I still have four more days to work. I don't know what's worse...going later into the summer than my other teacher friends or starting later in August than they do?
What a crazy few weeks...This post will be so random, so I hope you can follow.
We've officially been in the house now for 4 weeks. It is beginning to feel a little like home. Anna Kaye still calls it the new house. Of course, so much needs to be done still, but I've decided to put it off until my summer vacation starts. I've been working in the yard trying desperately to bring my Granny's flower beds back to where they belong before it gets to "stroking out" weather. So far I've only managed to kill a hydrangea bush that I planted. There's nothing better than sweating when your working hard outside! That's the good kind of sweat!
A couple of weekends ago we snuck away to the beach for a much needed family va-cay. We stayed on HHI for 2 nights and had the best time and weather. I've decide that I will NOT tell Anna Kaye when we leave for the next beach trip until we are actually in the car headed there. Trying to make a 3 1/2 year old understand time is no fun at all. Here she is trying to make an "angel" and doing her favorite dance in the water.
We start gymnastics on Tuesday, for a couple of months, and she's one excited little girl. SOMETHING to get this energy out...
Last weekend AK helped her cousin Quinn celebrate her 4th b-day. It was a garden theme so the kiddos got to decorate pots and visors, hear stories, and eat "worms in dirt". AK was so excited about getting Quinn a Tiana doll. She is in love with that movie too. Here they are celebrating with Benjamin and Clara (more cousins).
I'm signing off now feeling so good because this is a Sunday night I can enjoy thoroughly since I have tomorrow off.
Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment