Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Barium Schmarium

Whoever invented the barium drink for Upper GI tests should be punished severely!


Pause....to gather myself

Let me preface this by saying that the receptionist who gave me a NOON appointment time should also be punished! (no, not really) See I couldn't eat after midnight last night. So therefore by the time I got to my appointment I was already in a bad mood. You see, not letting me eat is like not letting Anna Kaye have a nap. IT DON'T MESH!!!!!

Anyway...

I had to go in today to have a couple of tests done due to reflux or possible gall bladder problems. The first was a HIDA-scan, which is an injection of medicine and camera shots to check to see if your gall bladder is functioning properly.

The second and most INSANE test was the Upper GI, to make sure that my esophagus and stomach are doing their thing. When the tech brought out the WARM sports bottle and told me to begin drinking, I knew that I better find a happy place and go there quickly! Apparently, you aren't allowed to gulp it, so after 2-3 big gulps I was told to slow down and take my time. I politely laughed and asked the Lord to help me grip the sports bottle tighter.

I tortured myself a few more minutes, then the X-rays were done. I left as quick as my feeble, foodless body would allow and made it to get some lunch.

I'll know in a few days the results.

Of course, those techs probably could have told me on the spot...At least as a token of gratitude. :)

No comments: