We have been BUSY!
My sister-in-law, Pam, and I, took the girls to Monkey Joe's (a fun version of a padded room). Avery, the more determined of two was fired up and ready to jump. Thank goodness, b/c AK was terrified! Once Avery got her shoes off, AK was ready to go. And they didn't stop for 2 solid hours! The hairstyles tell you how hard they played.

New Year's Eve was a WILD night at our house! (yea, right!) Pete and I did stay up past midnight simply because we were boxing Christmas decorations and cleaning the house.
Anna Kaye and I started back to school last Monday, and she did a great job getting back into the routine. Me? I was DRAGGING by Tuesday night and praying for Friday to hurry up and get here! I did get an extra day of vacation though, because Anna Kaye woke up Tuesday morning with FIFTH's DISEASE. No big deal. You usually have a low grade fever and a rash that consumes your entire body. The poor child looked like a tomato, bless her heart. But, she was able to back to school on Wednesday and as of today the rash has faded considerably.
AK is such a trooper. It is so hard to tell if she is ever sick, because she doesn't whine or cry about it. Not even through double ear infections with 103 degree fever (a year ago!).
So 2009 has come and I don't know if I am glad or not. I look back at 2008 and see a pretty good year. I feel more stressed now than I did this time last year. I don't do resolutions simply because I have no will power. But I feel like my "buzz" word for this year is going to be BALANCE. I desperately want to be able to balance my time, energy, and love so much better than I have. I want to balance TIME with the Lord, TIME with my family, and TIME for myself. I want to balance ENERGY so that I won't be frustrated, and moody, and tired. I think a deeper LOVE for all things will come from this.
The Lord is so good to me and I don't deserve his blessings. I pray that I won't take them for granted and lose sight of Him throughout each day.
Happy Belated New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment