Thursday, July 17, 2008

5th time's a charm!

A dear friend called me a few months ago and told me she was pregnant with her 5th child, the previous four have been boys. I wasn't surprised, since every other year I always get a phone call from her to tell me she's expecting. She could have ten children and I would never be surprised because she is such a good mom----so patient, kind, loving, understanding, firm, not easily rattled, and the list goes on... (you HAVE to be with 4 boys, right?) It's been a few weeks since we've talked, and today I had a voice mail from her while she was at the Dr.

IT'S A GIRL!
That's right. After four wonderful boys, a little girl is on the way. I am so excited, as if I were the one expecting, especially because I can actually impart some motherly wisdom in the area of girls.

Oh, what a blessing children are! I praise God that he has allowed me to be a mom and to share that joy with others! I wish my dearest friend and her husband the absolute best! I wander if they are still shell-shocked? :)

No comments: